TRUE! One common misconception is that fudge will melt.
That’s right. Even on hot summer days, your fudge will not melt! Why doesn’t our fudge melt? First, we use ingredients not prone to melting (heavy cream instead of butter). Secondly, we slice our fudge while still warm so that each slice forms a firm outer shell. This creates the creamy interior that well all love so very much.
Do you have a favorite flavor of fudge that is a must-have every time you visit Murdick’s Fudge Shoppe? Share your sweet experiences on our Facebook Page!
Generally our fudge will keep good for about 10-12 days (does it really even last that long?!) but if you insist on saving it, here are some helpful tips to keep your favorite flavors fresh all year long.
- DO NOT refrigerate. Fudge will not melt so there is no need for refrigeration. In fact, it will dry out your fudge instead.
- Freeze up to 6 months. To do this follow these steps:
- Remove fudge from box and paper.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap.
- Place wrapped fudge in freezer for up to 6 months.
- To thaw: remove from freezer and allow to sit at room temperature to reach your desired consistency. ENJOY!